18 March 2012

Super green mango smoothie

I have amazingly kept up my new years resolutions and have been going to the gym. When I get home from work I'm usually pretty hungry, so I have started making smoothies to have before going to a class later in the evening. Now some of you may think a green smoothie is taking the health thing a little too far, but I love the colour and it makes me feel good to know I'm packing in a hell of a nutritional punch into that little glass of green joy.

Another new years resolution was to start this blog. I have slowed my posting down in the past few weeks so sorry I haven't been updating it more. I will try to get back to a steady flow of a couple of posts a week.

Super green mango smoothie

 Serves 2
1/2 ripe mango, cubed into 1cm chunks
1 banana
1 tbsp ground flax seeds
1 large handful spinach
75ml soya milk (or alternative)
150ml water (or until you have the right consistency)
1 tbsp Agave nectar (or honey)
  1. Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend
  2. Check consistency of smoothie and add more water/milk until you have the right consistency for you.
 NOTE: I did not measure the amount of milk/water I put into the blender, so these are only estimates. Use your own initiative when adding the liquids to get the consistency you wish for.

0 comments: